Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Storing Up For The Winter Storm

I have eaten WAY TOO MUCH food today!! Under Texas conditions, we are iced in! I haven't left the house all day! It's been nice! Trevor had to sleep here last night and will probably have to sleep on the couch here again tonight. I don't mind so much!! : ) Anyways, I have eaten so much food today!

Breakfast and lunch wasn't TOO terrible, but it was after that when it all went downhill.

Snacks: two large chocolate squares (melted chocolate chips frozen together)

Dinner is when it gets really good!! We had comfort foods for dinner! Seasoned turkey tenderloins, yummy baked asparagus, sweet corn off of the cob, fresh italian bread, regular mashed potatoes, and then my sort-of-attempt at Grandma Niecey's mashed potatoes. Grandma Niecey makes her mashed potatoes with a base of boxed mashed potatoes. I however only cook with real potatoes. I told Trevor I was going to see if I could make my potatoes taste cheesy enough. I knew that they wouldn't be as good as Grandma Niecey's, but I thought I would try! Well, they were cheesy and comforting. Gideon really enjoyed our leftovers!! He enjoyed the leftover turkey tenderloins too! He's a spoiled puppy!


NEXT...thought I was done didn't you? Nope! Then I had the need to make berry cobbler! Yum! It was delicious!!
It is seriously the easiest cobbler to make! It requires: 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of flour, 2 eggs, and berries (tonight's choice: blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries). Super easy!! Here are the before and afters!

Before:
 After:


Delicious!!


Needless to say, I had to run fifteen miles after dinner tonight! That probably won't cover everything I ate today, but it's a good start!! : ) Now to cuddle up by the fire and watch The Expendables! Being snowed in is awesome!! I'm kind of ready for the 70 degree weather that was here a few days ago though. I think I eat less when it is warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment