Here are a few of my favorite foods right now:
- Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse's Barbeque Brisket Quesadillas
- Sushi Cafe Denton's Tempura and Lobster sushi rolls (I could go for a roll right now!)
- #9 Tacos from Tin Star
- And a Berry Pecan cupcake from Sugar Queen Cupcakes
I've had a lot of people lately asking for some of the recipes I use when cooking at home. I'm kind of shocked, because I mostly just play around with food until it tastes good. I've been asked so much for recipes lately that I am now going to start including my new creations on here!
Here are a few that have been requested the most:
Pizza Bubbles (an all time favorite for Trevor and I)
- 2 cans of Pillsbury biscuits
- Pepperoni (I use turkey pepperoni)
- Approximately 1 pound of sausage (I use Jenny O Italian Turkey Sausage)
- 16-20 oz. of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (or homemade if you prefer)
- 1 stick of butter or Margarine
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Garlic (I can't give you a precise measurement here...we like our garlic!)
- First, brown the sausage and cut the mozzarella into approximately 1 inch chunks.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Open the crescent rolls and smash into large, round circles.
- Take a small amount of garlic and rub in the center of each biscuit. Place 5-6 pepperoni slices and a scoop full of sausage in the center of the biscuit. Place 2-3 chunks of mozzarella in with the pepperoni and sausage.
- Melt your butter and mix with 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning and approximately 1 Tbsp. of garlic (you can add as much or as little of garlic as you prefer).
- Create a "bubble" with each biscuit by pinching the edges together at the top.
- Dip each "bubble" in the butter sauce and place in a greased baking stone.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (what we call "shaker cheese").
- Bake on 350F for 30-40 minutes.
- Use the marinara sauce to dip the pizza bubbles in or spread it on top of the pizza bubbles. (I prefer to dip my pizza bubbles)
I have a few variations of this recipe, but I'll just stick to the basics! (For variation, I will add Mexican corn or black beans to the stuffing.)
- 5-6 Green Peppers
- 1 pound of ground beef (I also use leen ground turkey to be a little healthier)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 package of 90 second microwave Mexican rice (do not microwave!)
- 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- Mexican corn or black beans if you'd like
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Clean and cut the centers out of the green peppers. Once you have done this, make sure you have removed all of the seeds (otherwise, you are in for a spicy surprise!!!)
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef (or turkey)
- After meat is browned, pour in 1 package of 90 second microwave Mexican rice, 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with jalapenos, and corn and black beans if desired.
- Once you have mixed this all together, pour 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- After your cheese has melted. Stuff each pepper to the brim with the mixture. You can add a slice of cheese on top if you like a lot of cheese!
- Bake in the oven on 400F for 30-45 minutes or until the stuffing browns.
- 3-4 large boneless chicken breasts (I use a large rotisserie chicken breast-it's easier)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chillies
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 (8 oz) Velveeta cheese-cubed
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles or angel hair noodles, cooked and drained
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Pull the chicken apart into small pieces (or dice the raw chicken breasts into small chunks).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, melt your margarine or butter. Add your garlic and onion powder. Also add your raw chicken chunks (if you use a rotisserie chicken like me, wait to put the chicken in until the sauce is ready).
- In the skillet, stir in the Velveeta chunks, Cream of Chicken soup, and Rotel tomatoes. Once the Velveeta cubes are melted, add the rotisserie chicken.
- Stir in 8 oz. of cooked and drained spaghetti or angel hair noodles.
- Once it is all mixed together, pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 pan (lasagna pan)
- Spread a thin layer of grated cheese of the mixture (optional)
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.