Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trevor's Birthday Weekend

I'm a pretty selfish person. We all are to some extent. It's natural to want to think of ourselves first. That can be a difficult part of marriage...to think of your husband (or wife) before yourself. This simply does not seem to be the case for Trevor Sewell. Let me explain why.

Trevor and I are two years and two months apart in age. My birthday is on May 2nd and his birthday is on July 2nd. This year, I turned 21. Big year. Except for the fact that I was extremely sick and could barely get up from the couch. Needless to say, we didn't celebrate my birthday. That really isn't a huge deal to me; however, Trevor felt bad about it. So my sweet husband decided to share HIS birthday with me this year!! And let me tell you, it was an awesome birthday!!

We woke up on Saturday and had a delicious Old West breakfast with Trevor's dad, Kenneth, and his wife, Beth! It was amazing!! :) I did not fulfil my craving for their pancakes, but everything was just wonderful!!! After a nice relaxed breakfast, we went and got patio furniture for our new little patio that Trevor made in our backyard.

The patio furniture is super comfy! We even used them last night for fireworks!

After some shopping, Trevor drove up to one of my favorite places, Spa Pedicures, and told me he'd be back to get me in an hour or so. For my husband's birthday, he got me a manicure and pedicure!! He's absolutely amazing!! When he came to pick me up, he had a present FOR ME waiting in the car!! I don't know why I deserved such wonderful treatment on his birthday. But seriously, I've been trying to get my hands on this cookbook since Christmas! I'm excited and it benefits him! ; )

After my relaxing time at the nail salon, we headed to Dallas to have lunch at Twisted Root with Nathan, Whitney, and Sophie! Now, I've talked about Twisted Root before. This was not any Twisted Root. This is the Twisted Root where George W. Bush eats. If any of you know me well enough, you know that I am beyond obsessed with this beautiful man!!! I staked out his table so that we could sit there, but they were taking their time!
I was so excited! My eyes were on that table pretty much our entire meal!! : ) We really enjoyed the amazing burgers and the time with Trevor's brother and family! Sophie was quite the entertainer!

After lunch we did some shopping down by SMU and then went to North Park to see X-Men: First Class. I love cuddling up to my handsome husband in a packed movie theater!! It was nice to have some down time. And Trevor and I were both extremely impressed with the quality of X-Men. Every single of the X-Men movies have been wonderful! They have made each movie unique and syncronized with the others. We were impressed! :)

After X-Men, we headed over to the West End for dinner at the Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse.
Trevor often recommends this steakhouse to a lot of his customers, because the restaurant supports his business. We had never eaten there though so it was a wondeful way to celebrate Trev's birthday!! This restaurant was started after the Y.O. Ranch-a central Texas cattle ranch that raises all kinds of wild game and cattle. Everything is fresh!! I had the Buffalo Filet Mignon with asparagus, green beans, and carrots:
And Trevor had a huge T-Bone steak with veggies and Gouda Mac 'n' Cheese:
It was amazing and worth every penny! They even surprised Trevor with a beautiful chocolate dessert! We enjoyed the service, the people around us, the food, and the atmosphere! We will definitely be returning to Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse and maybe we'll visit the Ranch at some point.

After dinner, we walked around the West End, and Trevor gave me one of his historical tours!!! We have been to The Grassy Null so many times, but Saturday night gave us both amazing perspective one what happened on that sunny November day in 1963. We met a young man named, Steve, near The Grassy Null. He is from Liverpool currently traveling the world. We got to hear and see his perspective of the event and and show him what we know about it. It was exciting to see his reaction to it all.

After meeting Steve, discussing JFK's assassination, and offering to give him a ride to the airport, we made our way to Tiff's Treats for another treat for Trevor's birthday!!! I opted out, but Trevor got a delicious, ice cream sandwich with hot chocolate chip cookies! I stole a bite and it was, as always, amazing!! :)

We enjoyed hearing about Steve's adventures in India and Australia as we drove him to DFW. We were excited to hear so many amazing adventures and the opportunity to make a new freind!! By the time we got home, we were exhausted! It was quite an amazing day!!

We actually continued the celebration on Sunday!! We had a wonderful Freedom Celebration at church! Trevor looked exceptional in his Marine Officer Dress Blues! :)
I am blessed to have a man who feels called to give it all, if necessary, for my life and the lives of our fellow Americans! I could not be more proud of him as he stood on that stage and saluted the Marines who have gone before him. I am blessed to have him in my life!!

He's quite a handsome Marine, if I may say so myself! And that Jillian Zamora sure is talented with camera taking skills! ; )

After church, we celebrated Trevor's birthday at my parents' house with all of my family! I got to use my wonderful crock pot for the first time AND made my first attempt at steak and chicken fajitas! I think they were a hit! :) We also had a made-from-scratch white chocolate cheesecake with a fresh raspberry puree. Trevor and the rest of us really enjoyed it!
 It was so wonderful to spend time with family this weekend!! We really got to see all of our close family and had a magnificent time! It was nice to spend time with Trevor's family and have a nice Sunday dinner with mine! :) I even got to spend some time with Little Miss Mar Mar! :) I bought her this outfit LAST 4th of July before she had even arrived! And I, of course, made her the bow! She's a cutie alright!

So all in all, I'd say it was an amazing weekend! Trevor spoiled me and we had an amazing time celebrating his birthday! The food and fellowship was wonderful!

Thank you, Trevor, for being the selfless man that you are! Thank you for treating me like a princess even on your special day! I love you with all my heart and am so blessed to have you as my husband! Happy birthday, my love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment