Wednesday, July 13, 2011

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

It is not Sunday and I have certainly taken a long time to update my favorite things, but here I am!! Happy Wednesday!!

I absolutely could not wait to tell you about my newest favorite in the books category! I opened it for the first time this morning and finished it this afternoon. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo is incredible!!
This book is a true story about an almost-four-year-old boy whose appendix burst and the doctors didn't figure it out until five days after the poison had been seeping into his body. Colton was on the brink of death but did not die; however, he did tell his family that he rose out of his body, saw his mom and dad praying and making phone calls in different areas of the hospital, and then he assended to Heaven!! In Heaven, he saw his great-grandpa Pop who died decades before Colton was born, a sister that Colton's mother had miscarried at two months, and precious Jesus! I cannot even explained this tremendous testimony, but I highly recommend reading it! Everyone has questions about Heaven, and this is a great book to hear some details about the eternal resting place. Read it. It's definitely worth it!

Something else that I am currently loving/craving is pancakes! I have no earthly idea why I am having such cravings for pancakes, but I have been having them for several weeks. There is nothing like an Old West pancake:
I know this is so random but so is the craving! It is a constant need to have a pancake! Haha!

Another favorite, is COUPONING!

I do not watch the Couponing show that everyone is talking about lately, but I do have a new love for couponing. I don't know everything there is to it yet, but I'm enjoying it! Trevor has been talking a lot lately about his responsibility as a husband-to work, to protect, to provide, to serve, and to love. He has been working his cute little toosh off lately and I feel a bit guilty because I don't work anywhere near as much as he does! So I do feel that, as the financial person and the grocery shopper in our marriage, I am responsible to save money where ever I can.

It's a lot of fun to pick out coupons, sort through them, and figure out what I can make with them. I've been using Pinterest.com a lot to find new recipes that I can make for Trev. Now, I'm going through the recipes and my coupons to see which recipes I can do with the coupons I have this week. This seems like the best thing for us at the moment! :) I'm planning my first big shopping trip with my stack of coupons for tomorrow (I've just been using a couple here and there up until now). I'll let y'all know how much I saved!

Keep watching! I have wedding pictures that are coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment