Sunday, February 27, 2011

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

Happy Sunday!! It has been a wonderful day! Church this morning, lunch with the family, a walk to the library with Trevor to pick out some new children's books, and now we are sitting at the table studying/contemplating an afternoon nap.

I have to speak for a moment about my faith. I love the Lord with all of my heart, and I am so eager to learn more and more about Him. I've been praying lately for a true heart of prayer. My mom is quite the prayer warrior, and I love her for it! Anyways, I've been constantly asking the Lord for a desire to pray more. Instead, or for the moment at least, He has given me a heart to pray for one specific person. I have a feeling it is not only for her benefit but for mine as well. I've never had such a strong desire to constantly pray for one person. It's amazing!! It has completely touched my heart and softened it toward this person.

I have been wanting to share this at church for awhile, but have not had the opportunity to testify. I have another friend that I have been praying for for a very long time. She is a sweet friend who I love very much. I began praying for her because I knew she was struggling and did not know the Lord. I'm excited to say that after my constant prayer for almost two years, she has come to know Jesus as her personal Savior!! I have been beyond excited about this for quite some time! Praise Jesus!

I also have a friend who is involved with the World Race. She is ministering throughout 11 countries in 11 months. I cannot imagine picking up my life to do this! What amazing dedication!! I know everyone has a busy schedule, but you do not want to miss out on her amazing testimony!! This recent blogpost from Alecia is a testimony that God does miracles in our lives on a daily basis. Please please please read These Slums Were Made For Walkin'. You will be blessed tremendously!!

So my favorites for this week, besides the above wonderful testimonies, include:

I watched an episode of Kid in a Candy Shop last week and learned about The Popcorn Girl. I cannot wait to take a trip to Las Vegas just to try her delicious flavored popcorn. I've already told my future in-laws to pick me up some srawberry cheesecake popcorn during their next trip!! Yum!!



My last favorite for this week is an awesome book for kids and adults alike!! I am not a huge poetry fan. When I was asked to write a review of a poetry book, I was less than thrilled. A sweet friend of mine suggested What's the Weather Inside by Karma Wilson. If you like Shel Silverstein, you'll love this collection of poetry!!! I read the entire collection when it came in the mail the other day!


No comments:

Post a Comment