Friday, April 1, 2011

Counting my Blessings Instead of Sheep

Once again, I have neglected my blog for a few weeks. I'm telling you, they are really cracking down on this school work stuff! ;) Actually, school really hasn't been terrible, but I've been quite busy none the less. This week has been really nice! Though it was dreary and cold for part of the time, I felt God's presence around me throughout my week. It's amazing what God is doing throughout my life!! With all of the world news that has been flooding through our televisions, radios, and newspapers, I've been a bit down in the dumps. A lot of the violence going on throughout the world frightens me to some extent. I often have a hard time sleeping at night thinking about what's going on in our world and where things are going in our society. It's sad to think about everything that is happening and how society today lives. I have been so blessed to grow up in the Bible Belt of America and to have such an amazing family! I can't even imagine where I would be today.

Today, I am simply counting all of the blessings God has given me! He has placed me in an amazing family that has supported me from day one. I was raised in a church where every one treated me as a part of their own family, and therefore made sure I was on the right track. While included in my family, I was blessed with an older brother (and now a fabulous sister-in-law and kidlets!) who has been straight with me and comforted me when I've needed it most. I've been blessed with mentors, teachers, and friends who have pushed me to succeed. I've been given a great Christian education. I've been blessed with a man who loves me unconditionally and who encourages me. I've also been blessed with the opportunity for higher education.

This is just a small portion of the many blessings that God has handed me! So tonight while I've been lying awake thinking and stressing about the current issues of this world, I've decided to lull myself to sleep with the blessings I have been given! :) Maybe you'll like the idea (I can't take credit for it though. I owe it all to Bing Crosby in White Christmas) and try it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment