Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Am Called To Be A Keeper!

WARNING:: This is a long one!

Wow! I've been pondering for a while how I would begin this post. I started this blog without a direction. I figured I would use it to post pictures, talk about crafty stuff, wedding updates, and use it as a way to update our family and friends when we move. Lately my posts have been a lot more serious than I had planned. This one is also probably more serious than planned, but I feel like I have learned so much already this year and I need to share! I started going to Keepers of the Home at First Baptist in January. I love it! I was really nervous at first, because I'm not a keeper yet. Trevor and I are not married yet. I live at home with my parents. I don't have children. I'm. not. a. keeper. Wow...what a statement. Here are a few things I've learned so far that really change that statement:

  • I must keep my priorities in line with God's will for my life.
  • Sometimes it is okay to say no to people. I can't let myself become overcommitted.
  • Prayer is powerful! I'm pretty sure I could write a book about how powerful prayer truly is!
  • I can study the Bible every day, but until I move past the knowledge into the relationship, all I'm gaining is knowledge.
  • I need to go to God first and foremost.
  • I have to stop worrying about things. God is in control and there is no need to worry about what tomorrow holds.
  • I need to be a suitable helper for Trevor. I need to be his cheerleader. His confidante. His encourager. His supporter. His friend. His date. Trevor needs to be my priority.
  • I am called by God to love others. No matter what. I'm called to love everyone I come into contact with even if I don't like them, I don't agree with them, we don't have anything in common, or if they have something against me. I am called to love them no matter what.
  • My purpose in life is to glorify and honor my Jesus in everything I do so that I can be example of love to those I come into contact with on a daily basis.
  • My time is not my own. My time is really God's time. I need to manage it wisely.
  • I am called to be a keeper. I am called to practice hospitality. I'm called to encourage others. I am called to love. I'm called to be content with what I have. I am in the ministry of welcoming, loving, comforting, and encouraging.
Here is a wonderful passage that a sweet friend shared tonight:

Romans 12: 9-18
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

I've learned so much this year and God is doing so much in my life! Life is a wirl wind right now and we often finding ourselves wondering where time has gone. I plan to live out what I'm learning. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do next in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment